These natural remedies are effective at speeding recovery from illness and injury. They are a combination of herbs, supplements and lifestyle adjustments to help your family bounce back from ill health.
- Here are some great natural remedies that are super easy to blend up and carry around in a roller bottle for quick & easy application.
- Winter got you coughing and sneezing? Throat a little sore? Check out this great blog with some wonderful, natural DIY recipes for coughs, sore throats and colds.
Homemade Diaper Cream: A Healing Solution
This recipe will make enough to fill two 5-ounce jars (with a little extra).
- 3 ounces shea butter
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 7 ounces coconut oil
- 1 cup (approx. 8 ounces) organic dried chamomile
- 2 ounces beeswax
To make the oil infusion:
- Add shea butter, olive oil, and coconut oil to a large mason jar and secure lid.
- Place mason jar in a small saucepan filled with water on low.
- Allow the oils to melt, then measure in dried chamomile.
- Stir and secure lid.
- Allow to simmer on low for an hour (turning down heat as necessary to prevent boiling) – you can allow more or less time for this step, depending on how strong you want your infusion to be. I normally try to keep this between 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Strain out the chamomile with cheesecloth.
At this point, there is normally about 10 ounces of infused oil to work with.
To make the diaper cream:
- Combine the warm (still liquid) infused oil and beeswax in a clean glass jar.
- Add beeswax and return to the double boiler.
- Keep the cream on low heat and stir until beeswax is melted.
- Pour into smaller jars.
Use generously on baby’s bottom, chapped skin, or even as an every-day moisturizer. It’s great for bigger kids and adults too! I keep some in our bathroom for guests because of the wonderfully comforting aroma of chamomile.