Now that the weather is warming up, it’s time to wear short sleeves, tank tops, dresses, shorts and skirts. And that means keeping our skin looking soft and smooth! Here is a super easy recipe for moisturizing lotion bars. The best thing is, you can keep your lotion bar in a tin and put it in your purse, desk drawer or on your bathroom counter for quick and easy application.
Made with beeswax, cocoa butter, coconut oil, and essential oils, these natural moisturizing lotion bars will nourish and soothe dry skin. Just rub the bar on your skin and let your body’s natural heat melt the lotion. After one use, you won’t know how you lived without it!
⅔ cup beeswax
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup cocoa butter
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
15 drops of essential oil
Recommended essential oils: Citrus Bliss®, Peppermint, Lavender (I use doTERRA) You can buy those here!
- Measure all ingredients, except for essential oils, in large glass jar.
- Place jar in saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined.
- Once melted, remove from heat. Let rest 3 minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Pour mixture into silicone mold.
Tip: For an exfoliating lotion bar, add oatmeal to the bottom of the mold.
- Let mixture harden 2-3 hours. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in container until ready to use.
- Just rub lotion bar on skin for extreme moisture.