There is probably just a little more cold weather in your area before spring fully blooms. And, the cold weather usually means more time indoors. Entertain your kids by turning play time into learning time by making aromatherapy play dough! This activity is a great way for children to learn about aromatherapy and essential oils. Use a variety of oils and colors to help kids learn new scents. Some fun essential oils could include: Wild Orange, Lemon or Lavender to help turn play time into nap time.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups colored water
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 drops essential oils
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put over medium heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball.
Note: Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough.
- Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
- Once cool, add 5 drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
- You’re done! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.